Monday, March 3, 2014

THE CIty

Okay so at this point in my story it's February 8th. This is the day I met my first friend! A guy from Israel named Yhizar. We met in the dorms and he showed me the closest places to get food.

So this leads to my second meal in Romania. Shaworma. It's a chicken wrap with sour cream, a rendition of sauerkraut, and pickles. This one here is what I ordered without the wrap to see what was inside. What a delicious lunch!


In the next few days I meet a lot of people, including the girls that I'm with almost everyday now: Priscilla and Cecile. Priscilla is from Singapore and Cecil is from France. These girls are really cool and they needed a third person to complete the group. No, just joking but they're my "roll dogs". Haha.





We do a lot together, especially go to cafés. There are cafés everywhere here! It's like a hobby they have. I've been to at least 15 different cafés since I've been here. But we enjoy going to kiddo cafe the most, to get away from all the cigarette smoke.



The only downfall of cafés, well the downfall of Romania is how much everyone smokes. Smoking here is a right, it's allowed everywhere; bars, cafés, clubs, restaurants, and they even have huge smoker boxes in the mall.  So every time I go somewhere I take off all my things and lay them on the balcony because they wreak of cigarettes.

We also go to palas, it's the big mall here. It is just like a big mall in the US, except it's in Romania.
And the gelato is cheaper! It costs about 2 LEI for a cone, about 60 cent USD.
Seaweed is a restaurant in the mall witha pretty funny slogan in English. I captured this because it represents how the signs that are in English have very bad grammar and sometimes mispelled words. But hey, I'm dlad they try!

 This was a Valentines day display and if you look closely you can see priscilla in the E.


We also toured the city!!!! These are pictures from an actual tour and our own tour that we decided to take. The first one is the train station.

Im unsure of what the next two are, but the landscaping is pretty!



The picture below is a picture of a store that sells attire that is Romanian colors. No, it isn't but I thought the flags were pretty cool.


This picture... Hmm a bit confusing eh?


This is a statue in the union plaza


This is the local theatre and below are pictures of the inside.





and then there is this guy who is just hanging out! 


and  my new friend... Ummm, well I think she forgot to mention her name.


and me on the steps of the theatre...

this is a beautiful building in town....


Here you have one of their beautiful churches


And these last pictures are pictures of  random things that I thought were cool as I walked around the city! Enjoy








These are pictures from the tour we took with the Erasmus program. Erasmus is a program for European students that offers scholarships for them to study in another European country. Most people here consider us Erasmus because the program I am with is so small. I just go along with it because it's easier to just agree that I'm Erasmus than to explain my exchange program.



P.S. These are also the coolest people you will never meet. 

:*



No comments:

Post a Comment